Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Bring Spring In!

These are some great concepts for bringing the freshness of spring into your house. Employ a glue gun to connect organic materials like dried twigs, flowers, cinnamon sticks, worn out potpourri, pressed leaves, coffee beansuse what you have.

Or, tie on raffia or ribbon and group candles on a shelf, tabletop, or on a mirror. Sponge paint over clay pots, or try a stencil or easy pattern to give interest. This system may also be used on your outdoor pots. You can paint it or leave it country and weathered, depending on the style of your room. Add spring detail to your window treatments by employing small grapevine wreaths as tiebacks or swag holders. Buy synthetic plant vines at the craft store, and drape them over the tops of your window treatments, or wrap them around a floor lamp. I had an imprecise concept that I'd need an agent, so I went to a search engine and typed : "Literary Agents". I marvelled if it might just be simpler to contact publishers without delay, basically acting as my personal agent. My bubble quickly burst when I found few publishers prepared to accept unagented questions. On reflection, I just wish I had started my search for info with these words : "Writer Beware". These words would have rescued me from surfing in shark infested waters. The sharks got me, but thankfully it was just a bit nibble, they did not rip off my entire leg. Here are just some tips to keep you safe from the sharks posing as agents and / or publishers : with no regard for what they call them : Reading Costs , Analysis Charges , Handling Charges , Sliding Costs , Publishing Charges , Promoting Charges , or accessory Services, Costs = money leaving your pocket and going into theirs. I would have liked to believe my dream was becoming real, so I gagged my inner critic and stuck her in a dark corner. * Referrals can be made for modifying, illustrations, cover art or publishing by the agent, who in turn receives a kickback. Duck agents that need use of outside firms as a condition of illustration. Never deprecate how much impact a tiny container of fresh flowers can have in a room, even simply a pretty cup full of roadside daisies.

Two packets of seeds can keep a place in cut bouquets all summer. Replace heavy window treatments with an easy drape of gauzy fabric. Experiment with overlapping, laying them on the diagonal, or tying them with ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment